Achieving diversity in the boardroom remains a challenge, particularly in the life sciences. Organizations are increasingly looking to take advantage of the large, untapped pool of qualified female board candidates. How do executive women achieve their goal of corporate board service? Our distinguished panelists will discuss the skills and experiences sought by boards, career path considerations for positioning yourself for board service, potential challenges preventing advancement, and resources available for women interested in corporate boards, including WIB’s Boardroom Ready Program. Celebrate Women's History Month with WIB-Chicago at this great event, which will also include a raffle for a prize from ULLO and Neiman Marcus.
• Dorri McWhorter - CEO, YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
• Genevieve Thiers - CEO, SitterCity, 1871 Board Member
• Donna C. Williamson - Managing Director, Ceres Venture Fund
• Carolyn Brougham – Senior Contract and Grant Officer, Northwestern University
• Laura Beth Miller - Shareholder, Brinks Gilson & Lione
• Dima Elissa (Moderator) – Chapter Chair, WIB-Chicago
Location: MATTER - 222 W. Merchandise Mart, Suite 1230; Chicago, IL 60654
Details: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Registration, Appetizers, and Networking
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – Audience Q&A
Cost: $15 member/$45 non-member; members can bring two guests at member rate!
© Illinois Science and Technology Coalition
Illustration by Dieter Braun